DAY 1 September 27, 2023
A. Sánchez, J. Parra, M. Sarmiento, Central Bank of Colombia
- Impact of monetary policy on bank profitability in Tunisia: Evidence from a dynamic panel model analysis.
Chokri Khalfaoui, Sabiha Rezgui, Central Bank of Tunisia
Mihnea Constantinescu, National Bank of Ukraine
- The global financial cycle and the effects of Fed unconventional monetary policies on foreign portfolio flows in Colombia.
N. Cardozo, D. Castañeda, F. Gamboa, Central Bank of Colombia
I. Huseynov, N. Ramazanova, H. Valirzayev, Central Bank of the Republic of Azerbaijan
WORKSHOP 1: Macro effects of financial shocks
- Impact of financial stress on real economy in time of crisis using macroprudential DSGE model: Case of Tunisia.
Hager Ben Romdhane, Mehdi Bellalouna, Central Bank of Tunisia
- The interplay between credit dynamics and macro-financial vulnerabilities: A thorough analysis of financial shocks and policy implications.
Meri Papavangjeli, Bank of Albania
Comments by: Kenza Benhima, University of Lausanne
WORKSHOP 2: Tax and interest rates
- Estimation and assessment of measures of the natural rate of interest: Evidence from Latin American economies with inflation targeting.
Erick Lahura, Marco Vega, Central Reserve Bank of Peru
H. Rincon, A. Granados, J.-L. Peydró, M. Sarmiento, Central Bank of Colombia
Comments by: Nathan Sussman,The Geneva Graduate Institute
WORKSHOP 3: Spillovers
- European economic policy uncertainty spillover on the Tunisian Economy: Evidence from nonlinear SVAR model.
Zied Jaidi, Central Bank of Tunisia
Jair Ojeda-Joya, Sergi Basco, Central Bank of Colombia
Comments by: Cédric Tille, BCC & The Geneva Graduate Institute
DAY 2 September 28, 2023
Setting the stage: An overview of recent research
POLICY PANEL 1: Prospects advanced vs emerging countries?
Chair: Ugo Panizza, Geneva Graduate Institute
- Ayhan Kose, World Bank
- Enrique Mendoza, University of Pennsylvania
- José Pulido, Central Bank of Colombia
- Aygun Garayeva, Central Bank of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- Belma Colakovic, Central Bank of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Luljeta Minxhozi, Bank of Albania
POLICY PANEL 2: Financial crisis?
Chair: Robert Sheehy, International Monetary Fund (retiree)
- Deniz Igan, Bank of International Settlements
- Nicolas Stoffels, Swiss National Bank
- Mohamed Salim Mouha, Central Bank of Tunisia
- Mihnea Constantinescu, National Bank of Ukraine